Check In/Out times
Check in/out times
Check in: 2pm
Check out: 10am
"Wellington's best hostel" - Lonely Planet, 2017.
Ultra clean, modern, bright, fun and friendly. YHA Wellington is 5-Star Gold Qualmark rated backpacker accommodation. One of the most centrally located hostels in Wellington and ideal for everything that Wellington has to offer. There is an espresso bar on site, selling barista-made coffee and a selection of cabinet food. The hostel is in easy walking distance to the bars, shops and theatres on Courtenay Place and close to Te Papa museum, Weta Cave Workshop, the waterfront and Embassy Theatre.
All 4 share ensuite rooms have lockers and if you prefer your own space we have twin, double and queen private rooms.
"This is everything an urban hostel should be" National Geographic Traveller.
Special features at YHA Wellington that backpackers love:
We asked our guests what they liked most about our hostel in Wellington and here it is!
- Espresso bar open from 6.45 am
- $6 Daily breakfast deal: freshly baked bagels with cream cheese and home-made jam plus a smooth Celsius coffee
- Supermarket over the road from the hostel (open til midnight)
- 2GB free WiFi per device per day
- Two superbly equipped kitchen and dining areas
- Comfortable lounges
- TV lounge with projector and free movie hire
- Lockers in every multi-share room
- Free comprehensive travel booking service
- Solar hot water and clean energy production as part of our sustainability initiatives
- A sustainable living centre for over 15 years
- Covered car loading and unloading bay for guests
- A range of close proximity parking options depending on your budget
- 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, & 2017 TripAdvisor Excellence Award winner
Qualmark & Reviews
Things to do
Things to do in YHA Wellington
While in Wellington, why not:
- Visit Te Papa national museum to learn about Maori and New Zealand arts, culture, and history.
- Take a Lord of the Rings tour – visit Weta Workshop Cave or one of the many filming locations in and around Wellington.
- Discover some of New Zealand's rarest wildlife at ZEALANDIA: The Karori Sanctuary Experience, Wellington's award-winning conservation safe haven.
- Experience Wellington's coffee culture at any of the excellent inner city cafes.
- Take a ride on the cable car for amazing views over Wellington Harbour.
- Check out the Beehive, New Zealand's government centre.
- Stroll or cycle around the scenic Wellington Waterfront.
- Walk to the top of Mount Victoria for a panoramic view of the city and harbour.
- Cruise down Cuba Street or check out Courtenay place for shops, cafes, and nightlife.